Jun 4, 2015

We Are Being Watched


I love this photo of the Helix Nebula. It reminds me of the great cloud of witness who are cheering us on.


Hebrews 12:1(NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

 Who is in that cloud? Angels? Saints? Our ancestors who have gone on before? I would like to think that my mom is in Heaven, but like most of us, she probably went to Purgatory. She wasn't perfect when she died, so she needed to divest herself of everything unholy before she can/could join the Holy One in eternity. I still pray for her. I just can't think of anyone who would better qualify for head cheerleader of Team Connie.

I hope to meet this cloud some day, and thank them for their encouragement. We'll probably have a good laugh together in years to come. "Really? You thought THAT was hard? You had no clue, did you? Har har har." Yeah, God is faithful to provide us just enough tribulation to keep us clinging to Him, and enough encouragement to get through it, and closer to Him.

I love that about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment