Sep 25, 2015

If or When?

This meme is funny, because it is absurd. Probably no one is going to give you 5 million dollars. They probably won't lend it to you either, because everyone knows, you only lend money to people who don't need it. They're the good credit risks. (Ooops - sorry - banker's daughter coming out there...)

The real problem I see is that people do not expect prosperity, so they joke about it, but never plan for it.

If you're praying for rain, bring an umbrella. If you're praying for prosperity, make some plans what you are going to do with it. If you won the lottery, would you really buy gum? Then what? A display case full of Disney figurines? (I am not a financial adviser, but it is my educated opinion that buying figurines is not a good way to build generational wealth. The rich buy assets, the middle class buys debt, the poor buy stuff.)

I expect prosperity. I know it is coming to me. I have plans. I have some real estate already selected. I'm going to build an aquaponics farm with solar panels, a well, tiny cottages for rental income, and maybe some free range chickens. There will be a two story building with a store downstairs and an apartment upstairs. These are serious plans, not pipe dreams.

Oh sure, Connie, where are YOU gonna get the money for your great empire? Do you hear the mocking emphasis on the word YOU. This is Satan's way of saying that you are not worthy, that the Most High God of the Universe loves everyone else more than you, because you are nobody from no where, and maybe someone else can get rich, but not YOU.

Do you hear that endless, critical loop? Ignore it. God is no respecter of persons. He uses cracked pots. He uses the weak and foolish things to shame the wise.

There will come a day, when I can walk into any car dealership I want, and pick out any car I want, and not even look at the price tag. There will come a day, when I can walk into any grocery store I want (Publix, Whole Foods, Fresh Market), put any food I want in my buggy, and not even look at the price tag. There will come a day, when I can walk into any clothing store I want (Kasper Suits!!!!) pick out any clothes I want, and not even look at the price tag.

Go ahead and laugh. You'll be posting wishful memes on the internet, and I'll be feeding my fish and chickens.

I'm praying for rain, and bringing my umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment